- Duration:2 days
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Max Elevation:1750 m
- Max Group Size:1
- Best Time:March till May & October till November
Bhotekosi is Nepal most popular exciting grade 4 white water rafting river, just four hours drive from Kathmandu near the Tibetan border; this is definitely Nepal’s wildest short river rafting trip. If you have limited time, or just the desire for an adrenaline overload, this is the river for you.
We head up towards the Tibetan border to raft two days of continuous whitewater on the main tributary of the Sunkosi. Smooth cliffs squeeze the luminous blue water between giant boulder gardens. Hard-Rock strata choke the narrow riverbed, forcing the flow down a convoluted maze of threadlike plunging passageways. Dodging down intricate routes, our rafts thrust through, often with only inches to spare in the constricted chutes. The raft bucks wildly through the foaming fury, accompanied by shrieks of approval from the crew.
There’s also time to explore village around. A trip down the Bhotekosi can prove to be the weekend of a lifetime.
- Day 1: Drive to upper Bhotekosi 95km away from Katmandu, the elevation of the start trip 1750m. Upon arrival at rafting putting point 11:00 AM; rafting to Lamosangu/drive back to starting point for the overnight camp at riverbank.
- Day 2: Same Section River rafting again up to Lamosangu and drive back to Kathmandu.
Note: The raft can be operated with combine trip of trek. Please let us know if you want to make trek also.
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during
- your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets,
- helmets, plastic paddles, wetsuits (only during the winter) on certain
- rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
- Sleeping bag
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel
- during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- Tips to Staffs
- Swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.