- Duration:5 days
- Trip Grade:Classic / Easy
- Max Elevation:1600 m.
- Max Group Size:1
- Best Time:January till May & October till December
Dhampus Hiking route is also a gateway to Annapurna Conservation Area. The place also serves as one of the main entry points to Annapurna Base camp and to other trekking trails of Annapurna Region. The village ranges from an altitude of 800 m at the base to 1600 m.
The journey to Dhampus village, one of the paradises of Nepal, begins from Phedi village, nearly a 15 minutes drive from beautiful lakeside city of Pokhara.
From here one treks alongside beautiful views of golden rice terraces the vast expanse of the Annapurna Mountain range. This 2 hours climb to Dhampus continues through magnificent rhododendron forest nesting various species of birds to the village of Chandrakot, inhabited by the warm-hearted and hospitable Gurung People.
Interms of climbing technicalities, it is an easy mountain to ascend. The overwhelming altitude differences between the Annapurna and Dhaulagiri ranges make Dhampus peak a very vantage spot to observe the mountains with Tukuche Peak (6920 m.) and Dhaulagiri (8167 m.) spectacularly close to you.
When you emerge from the forest and reach Dhampus, you will be able to marvel at exceptional view of massive Mt. Machhapuchhare. Popularly known as Fishtail mountain (6900m) for its peak resemble the shape of fish’s tail. From Dhampus one can also grab the exceptional view of Pokhara and the scenery gets even better as the sun goes down.
The small village comprise of enormous beauty of mountains, friendly Gurung People, a small lake from where one can get the reflection of fishtail, temples, flowers, mustard fields, birds, and many more.
The hiking starts from Pokhara. Clients carry daypack only and walk at their own pace. Hiking hours is about 5-6 per day
- Day 01 To Pokhara (827m.) by bus or flight / hotel
- Day 02 Drive from Pokhara (827m)to Sarangkot Phedi via lakeside and Hike to Sarangkot (1600m). Overnight at mountain lodge; 4 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 03 Today Hike to Dhampus (1600m) from Sarangkot Overnight at mountain lodge;; 6 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 04 Today we will hike down to Phedi (1125m) or via Australian camp view point; 3 hrs and drive back to Pokhara; 1 hr (B,L)/Hotel (B,L,D)
- Day 05 Drive to KTM (1350m); 5 hrs (B)
- Hotel accommodation in Pokhara category in 3 star in double occupancy
- Transport as per mention in the itinerary " by Land"
- Experienced and first aid trained license holder trekking guide
- lodge / Tea House accommodation during the trek in double occupancy
- Meas as per mention in the itinerary(B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner)
- Drinks and Bar Bill (beverage)
- Helicopter evacuation/rescue incase of emergency
- Personal insurance
- Personal use trekking equipment
- Tipping to guide and porter
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.