- Duration:16 Days
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max Elevation:4050 m.
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:March to May & October to November
Jugal Himal Trek is a remote area north of the Kathmandu Valley., situated in Rolwaling area. The Jugal Himal Mountain Range forms the border between Nepal and Tibet. The main peaks in this mountain range are Dorje Lakpa and Jugal Himal, which tower over 20,000 feet. The trail takes us through the Indrawati Valley gradually up to the Five Holy Lakes known as Panch Pokhari and then down through the remote Balephi Valley. We reach a maximum altitude of 14,000 feet at the Panch Pokhari. The Jugal Himal Trek is an old trade route between Nepal and Tibet, and we will encounter villagers from the Tamang caste among others. This journey will provide us valuable insight into the ancient and primitive culture of this remote region of Nepal, where it may seem as if we stepped back in time for hundreds of years. Trekkers carry only day pack and walk at their own pace.
Average hiking per day will be 5-6 hrs.
- Day 01 Arrival and transfer to hotel/welcome dinner (D)
- Day 02 Day at Leisure /Hotel (B)
- Day 03 Drive from Kathmandu to Chautara (1200m.); 5hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 04 Trek from Chautara to Phurse (2045m.); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 05 Trek from Phurse to Kami Kharka (2845m.); 6 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 06 Trek from Kami Kharka to Pauwa Bas (3063m.); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 07 Trek from Pauwa Bas to Hille Bhanjyang (3413m.); 7 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 08 Trek from Hille Bhanjyang to Nasim Pati (3700m.); 5 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 09 Trek from Nasim Pati to Panch Pokhari (4050m.); 5 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 10 Trek from Panch Pokhari to Nasim Pati (3700m.); 4 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 11 Trek from Nasim Pati to Dukhang (2100m.); 6 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 12: Trek from Dukhang to Dhap (1230m.); 5 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 13: Trek from Dhap to Melamchi Pul Bazaar (828m.); 6 hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 14: Drive from Melamchi Pul Bazaar to Kathmandu (1350m.); 5 hrs (B)
- Day 15 Day at leisure /farewell dinner /hotel (B, D)
- Day 16 Drive to airport for return flight. (B)
Note: The itinerary can be customized according to your duration of holiday. Similarly hotel can be upgraded or downgraded depend on your budget.
- International airport pickup and drop
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Hotel accommodation at 3 star catagory in double occupancy
- Trekking Transportation by land as per the itinerary
- Special trekking permit
- TRC permit
- Meals as per mention (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Camping (twin sharing tow men tent) / dining tent, toilet tent
- English speaking guide with his insurance and equipment.
- Porter with his insurance and equipment (one porter in between two person)
- Wages, food, accommodation, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Beverage (drinks)
- Helicopter evacuation in case of emergency
- Personal insurance
- Sleeping bag (this can be rent at Thamel; cost Rs 75-150 a day
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.