- Duration:57 days
- Trip Grade:Tough
- Max Elevation:8485 m.
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:April till May & October till November
Makalu expedition peak is the fifth highest mountain in the world and is located just 14 miles east of Mount Everest. Though the peak appears isolated, its size alone is impressive. Its structure as a perfect pyramid with four sharp ridges, makes this mountain all the more spectacular.
Makalu was first mapped and photographed from the Tibet side by a British Everest expedition in 1921. Although the peak had been studied by several Everest parties, the first successful climb was not until the conquer of Everest like the so many other giants in the Everest region. Makalu is considered a technical mountain for climbing which can be justified, as only five of its first sixteen attempts were successful. Makalu West Face offers challenging climbing on this route with hanging ice fall, ice – rock wall with 50 to 60 degrees steep and 70 to 75 degrees elevation’s rock pillar near the summit.
- Latitude: 28 33′ 0 N
- Longitude: 84 32′ 60 E
- Day 01 Arrival at Kathmandu, upon arrival airport pickup service. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 02 Kathmandu. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 03 Kathmandu. Overnight Hotel.
- Day 04 Transfer to the airport and fly to Tumlingtar. Trek to Khadbari (1040m). Overnight in lodge
- Day 05 Drive to Num. Overnight in lodge / camp.
- Day 06 Kuwapani (1560m). Overnight lodge / camp.
- Day 07-08 Tashi Goan (2100m).Rest day for acclimatization and change porters.
- Day 09 Kauma (3760m). Overnight in camp.
- Day 10 Dobato (3700m). Overnight in camp.
- Day 11 Nebe Kharka (4320m).. Overnight in camp.
- Day 12 Sherson (4630m). Overnight in camp.
- Day 13 Makalu base camp.
- Day 14 Higher camp.
- Day 15-47 Climbing Period Mt. Makalu (8885m).
- Day 48 Cleaning up Base Camp.
- Day 49 Yak Kharka.
- Day 50 Mumbuk. Overnight in lodge.
- Day 51 Tashi Goan. Overnight in lodge.
- Day 52 Nun. Overnight in lodge.
- Day 53 Drive to Tumlingtar. Overnight in Lodge
- Day 54 Fly back to Kathmandu.
- Day 55-56 Kathmandu.
- Day 57 Departure from Kathmandu.
- 6 nights hotel in Kathmandu with bed & breakfast
- Permit Fee (Royalty) Makalu
- All transfer and flight to and from Tumlingtar
- Full board trekking with lodge & Food for BC Expedition period
- Essential Porters to Makalu B.C. & while back
- Trekking equipments for BC, 1 tent for 2 persons, dining tent, toilet tent, table, charges & Mattresses
- All kitchen equipment
- Staff allowance, Liaison officer allowances, equipment allowances
- Permit and national park fees
- Base camp guide, cook, and kitchen helper
- All necessary taxes
- Our service charge.
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Custom clearances in Kathmandu airport
- Personal equipments for climbing
- Personal Insurance
- High Altitude foods, Gas & stove
- Lunch & dinner in Kathmandu
- Emergency Rescue evacuation
- Satellite phone
- Oxygen & regulator
- Climbing Sherpa
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.