- Duration:14 days
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max Elevation:6654 m.
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:March till May & October till November
North Face Glacier from the Mera La:
The base camp can be set up at 5415m near Mera La on the Hongu side in the moraine below the ice. From here a high camp is set at 5,800m near a rocky outcrop on the Mera Glacier. The high camp proves to be one to the most glorious viewpoints in Nepal offering the panoramic views of Kanchanjunga, Chamlang, Makalu and Baruntse sweeping around from the east and Amadablam, Cho Oyu and Kangtega to the west. The giant faces of Everest, Lhotse and Nuptse appear in the north. There are three main summits which are climbable without much difficulty. The south summit (6,065m) is the most accessible with the Northern Summit (6,654m), the highest, which can be reached by skirting the Central Summit (6,461m) to the north and following snow ridge to its top. Climbing the middle summit requires ascent up on steep snow and is more technical. Mera North is straight-forward to climb.
ALTERNATE TREK ROUTES TO/FROM MERA PEAK
Mingbo La pass to Everest Base Camp:
Return through the upper Hongu valley and over Mingbo La pass into the Imja valley on the Everest Base Camp route. From here a visit can be made to Everest Base camp and return to Lukla. This is a very high altitude trek through glaciated valleys with possibilities of being stranded in adverse weather condition. Only strong, well equipped, groups should attempt this route. Please let us know if you want to use this route to exit.
Amphu Laptsa pass to Everest Base Camp:
Return trek through the upper Hongu valley and then over the high pass of Amphu Laptsa to come out at Chukung in the upper Imja river valley near Island Peak. From here a visit can be made to Everest Base camp and return to Lukla. This is a very high altitude trek through glaciated valleys with possibilities of being stranded in adverse weather condition. Only strong, well equipped, groups should attempt this route. Please let us know if you want to use this route to exit.
- North Face
- Day 01 Flight to Lukla (2840m); and rest day for the acclimatization (L, D)
- Day 02 trek to Chutanga (3100m) (B, L, D)
- Day 03 Trek to Tuli Kharka (4400m) via 4600m pass (B, L, D)
- Day 04 Trek to Kote (3650m) (B, L, D)
- Day 05 Trek to Tangnag (4350m) (B, L, D)
- Day 06 Acclimatization day at Tangnag (B, L, D)
- Day 07 Trek to Khare (4950m) (B, L, D)
- Day 08 Day for Acclimatization, today afternoon climbing school course with our climbing guide
- Day 09 Climb to High Camp (5350m) (B, L, D)
- Day 10 Climb to summit at (6654m) and descent to Khare (4950m) (B, L, D)
- Day 11 Trek to Kote (3650m) (B, L, D)
- Day 12 Trek to Tuli Kharka (B, L, D)
- Day 13 Trek to Lukla (B, L, D)
- Day 14 Fly to Kathmandu (1350m)/Hotel (B)
YOU MAY CAN BOOK EXTRA SERVICE WITH US IN REASONABLE PRICE ; BEFORE AND AFTER TREK:
- Day 00 Arrival and transfer to hotel/welcome dinner. (D)
- Day 00 Make ready for your personal equipment or sightseeing around Kathmandu; hotel (B)
- Day 00 Day at leisure/ Farewell dinner /Hotel (B, D)
- Day 00 Drive to Airport for Return flight (B)
- Fight transport as per mention in the itinerary
- Trekking conservation permit
- Trekking Register Certificate
- Equipped and insured trekking porter (one porter in between 2 person)
- Experienced and first aid trained license holder trekking guide
- Tented accommodation during the trek in double occupancy
- All meals during the trek (B=breakfast, L=Lunch, D= Dinner)
- The required number of trekking staff and Porters to carry your luggage during the trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment, medicine for all trekking staff
- Mera Peak Permit fees
- Garbage Deposit Fee
- General Climbing equipment such as Rope, Ice Screw, Snow Bar etc.
- Duffel/kit bag by Trekking Team Nepal (which needs to be returned after the trek.)
- All our government taxes
- Official expanse
- Lunch and dinner whilst in Kathmandu.
- Your travel insurance (compulsory)
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Items of a personal nature such as alcoholic drinks, cold drinks, laundry
- Personal trekking and Climbing Equipment
- Tips for trekking staff and driver. (Tipping is expected)
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.