- Duration:14 days
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max Elevation:1350 m.
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:January till May & October till December
This is your chance to test your mountain biking skills on remote paths otherwise used only by villagers and their buffalo or holy cows.
You ride on these wild and challenging trails through some of the most stunning scenic and cultural landscapes in the world. With the stunning backdrop of the Himalayan ranges, the extreme valleys and old forests of the rugged middle hills, the charming terraced fields and bright smiles in the timeless villages, you will remember this journey for its unique beauty as well as its challenging mountain biking terrain!
Your mountain bike journey from Pokhara to Kathmandu is an incredible way to explore the heart of the Himalayan Kingdom on trails un-travelled by tourists.
- Season: This ride is best done in the dry and colder month from November to March as you are constantly riding in lover altitude and the region gets very hot and humid from May to September. If you are not afraid of sweating a bit extra October and April are also great month to visit!
- Day 01 Arrive in Kathmandu (1350m) (B, D)
- Day 02 Ride in the Kathmandu valley (827m) (B)
- Day 03 Fly to Pokhara (B, L, D)
- Day 04 Ride to Sarankot (1600m) (B, L, D)
- Day 05 Ride to Begnas Tal (650m) (B, L, D)
- Day 06 Ride to Kalasti (B, L, D)
- Day 07 Ride to Marsyangdi valley (B, L, D)
- Day 08 Ride to Gorkha (1135m) (B, L, D)
- Day 09 In and around Gorkha (B, L, D)
- Day 10 Ride to Maleku (B, L, D)
- Day 11 Ride to Kakani (2030m) (B, L, D)
- Day 12 Ride back to Kathmandu (B, L)
- Day 13 Free day in Kathmandu (B, D)
- Day 14 Departure (B)
- Riding Hours: Normally, our daily riding begins at around 09:00-09:30hrs and given the terrain and riding conditions for the day we plan to have clients at the next evenings accommodation by 15:00-16:00hrs. This allows time for bike maintenance, a little extra exploration on your own, settling into the hotel and drink and relax before dinner. During the day our lunch break is approx. one hour at the most scenic spot available along the route.
- All meals as per mention in the itinerary (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch and D = Dinner)
- Accommodations in hotel or lodge
- 1 Professional Guide for every 6 people / Mechanic
- Front Suspension bike and a helmet
- Backpack and tools as needed
- All entry fees during the ride
- Personal extras and special request purchases
- Support vehicle, unless requested at extra charge
- Wear and tear of the bike and equipments
- Drinks other than tea / coffee as served with the meals
- Nepal Visa fees
- Vaccination cost
- Personal clothing and equipment
- All items of a personal nature
- Medical treatments and evacuation incase of immergency
- Personal Travel Insurance
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.