- Duration:16 Days
- Trip Grade:Moderate
- Max Elevation:4100 m.
- Start Point:Kathmandu
- End Point:Kathmandu
- Walking Hours:6-7 hrs
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:March to May & September to November
Rolwaling homestay trek start at Singati after 6-hour drive from Kathmandu. You will come across some villages mainly inhabited by Tamangs, Sherpas, and Brahmins. They are beautiful and the people are so friendly. We can see a few monasteries and temples along the way. A good view of the Mountains and the Sunkoshi River can also be seen. Along the way, after crossing Sherpa villages you come across a thick forest with lots of Rhododendron trees.
From the trek, one can get a nice view of Ganesh Himal, Shisha Panga , Langtang, Dorjee Lakpa, Jugal Himal, Amabamori, Gauri Shanker, and Namburi Himal. Lower Rolwaling trek, there is hot springs originating from this area which is the main source of the Sunkoshi and Tamakoshi rivers. The national flowers of Nepal Rhododendron (Laligurans) and the national bird Pheasant (Danfe) can also be seen in this area.
Sherpa village of Bedding (3694 m) – the only noteworthy settlement in Rolwaling. If it should happen that the monk belonging to the Gompa is in the village at the moment, you can ask him to show you around it himself, 150 meters higher a rocky hermitage is visible, where Padmasambhava is supposed to have meditated some 1200 years ago.
The Rolwaling village- Beding Gompa and Na village are the major magnetism of Rolwaling Trekking. The Rolwaling village is situated in the upper Rolwaling Valley and the Rolwaling Peak lays its shadow on the village. The Rolwaling village isolates itself from the rest of the country. However, the natural beauty and the rich culture of the inhabitants there help much to attract tourists; now trek is even more popular since they offer homestay tourism with meals facilities. Come and explore the culture at Rolwaling homestay for the natural beauty of cultural and landscape objects.
Trekkers carry an only daypack and walk at their own pace. Average hiking per day will be 6-7 hrs.
- Day 01 Arrival and transfer to hotel/welcome dinner (D)
- Day 02 Day at Leisure /Hotel (B)
- Day 03 Kathmandu to Singati (920m); 6hrs drive (B,L,D)
- Day 04 Trek to Khare (1270m); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 05 Trek to jagat (1395m)/ 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 06 Trek to Simigaon (2000m)/ 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 07 Trek to Daldung La (3976m); 5hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 08 Trek to Beding (3694m); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 09 Trek to Na (4100m); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 10 Exploring the valley and back to Na (4100m); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 11 Trek to Daldung La (3976m); 6hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 12 Trek to Jagat (1395m); 7hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 13 Trek to Singati (920m); 7hrs (B,L,D)
- Day 14 Drive to Kathmandu (1350m); 6hrs /Hotel (B, L)
- Day 15 Day at leisure /farewell dinner /Hotel (B, D)
- Day 16 Drive to Airport for Return flight (B)
- International airport pickup and drop
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Hotel accommodation at 3 star catagory in double occupancy
- Trekking Transportation by land as per the itinerary
- Special trekking permit
- TRC permit
- Meals (Home cooked) as per mentioned in the itinerary (B=Breakfast, L=Lunch, D=Dinner)
- Home stay accommodation
- English speaking guide with his insurance and equipment.
- Porter with his insurance and equipment (one porter in between two person)
- Wages, food, accommodation, equipment, insurance and other facilities to staffs
- Beverage (drinks)
- Helicopter evacuation incase of emergency.
- Personal insurance
- Sleeping bag (this can be rent at Thamel; cost Rs 75-150 a day)
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.