- Duration:20 days
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Max Elevation:5630 m.
- Max Group Size:4
- Best Time:9 June 2017 in Darboche
This journey takes you through the hidden Humla valley in Nepal’s western most frontiers and to Tibet’s holy Mount Kailash and mythical Lake Manasarovar. To begin this trip we start by taking the flight to Simikot. From here our trek follows the ancient salt trading and pilgrimage route towards the Nara Langa pass and to the border trade post at Taklakot.
Kailash is actually Indian word and Tibetans used to called it Kangrenpoche or kangkartesi which means the “precious jewel of snow”. Why it is so called because during hot summer time, the snows around the surrounding mountains will meltout and it is only mount kailash that covers with snow for whole year. From the buddhist point of view, It is believe that Godess White Tara had first initiated the circumambulating circuit for the local Tibetan people because nobody at that time knows the circuit. That’s why there is a pass with altitude of 5630m called Dolma-la pass which was termed after godess Tara(Dolma in Tibetan). The festival of Saga Dawa marks the enlightenment of Sakyamuni, and occurs on the full moon day of the fourth Tibetan month. Saga dawa is particularly popular time to visit mount kailash as Tibetan from every parts of Tibet gether in Darchen for the preparation of their circumambling around mount kailash. Tibetans believe that more the number of circulation around the kailash earns more merits in life.
What you can experience from this trip?
- You can see hundreds of Tibetans gather at Chorden karpo(white stupa).
- Lamas chanting the prayers in traditional Tibetan style.
- Erecting the vertical prayer flag once a year during Saga Dawa festival.
- According to the local custom, there must be a Tibetan butcher to erect the vertical prayer flag so that it could erect well for the whole year.
- Tibetans hang their prayer flags on the vertical prayer flag before it erected.
- Lamas circulate around the erected vertical prayer flag by reciting special prayer.
- hundreds of tourists and journalist from all over the world.
- After finished the ceremony, Tibetan peoples start to walk around the mount Kailash.
- Tibetans believe that, more the number of circulation around the mount Kailash earns more merits in their life.
- 28 May-Day 01 Upon arrival transfer to hotel/welcome dinner/hotel
- 29 May-Day 02 Day at leisure/hotel
- 30 May-Day 03 Fly to Nepaljung/hotel
- 31 May-Day 04 Fly to Simikot (2800m) and trek to Darapori/camp
- 01 June-Day 05 Trek to Kermi (2690m)
- 02 June-Day 06 Trek to Yalbang (2890m)
- 03 June-Day 07 Yalbang / Tumkot (2850)
- 04 June-Day 08 Trek to Thadodunga (3900m)
- 05 June-Day 09 Trek to Sher and drive to Purang (3900m)
- 06 June-Day 10 Drive to Manasarovar Lake (4600m)
- 07 June-Day 11 leisure day at Manasorvar lake
- 08 June-Day 12 Drive to Darchen/hotel or camp
- 09 June-Day 13 Drive to Darboche & Trek to Dira Puk (4775m) "Festival date"
- 10 June-Day 14 Trek over Dolma La (5630m) to Zuthul Puk (4700m)
- 11 June-Day 15 Easy trek 14 Km & Drive to Hor Qu (4560m) by Lake Mansarovar/Camp
- 12 June-Day 16 Drive to Saga (4640m)
- 13 Jun-Day 17 Drive to Nyalam (3750m)
- 14 June-Day 18 Drive to Kathmandu (1300m) via Zhangmu boarder
- 15 June-Day 19 Day at Leisure/shopping day/evening farewell dinner
- 16 June-Day 20 Drive to airport for return journey
- Note: Extension of this tour to visit the ruins of the Guge Kingdom at Tsaparang & Tholing or Sishapangma Base Camp or Rongphu Monastery & North Everest Base Camp and/or onward journey to Lhasa is possible. Customized itineraries for private groups are available. Please contact us for details.
- International airport pickup and drop service
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj in 3 star in double occupancy
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Round trip flight ticket; Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Simikot
- Fully catered camping trek until Hilsa withsupported by Nepalese Guide, Cook, Helpers crew
- Simikot Special trekking permit
- TRC permit
- Transportation by 4500 model Land-cruiser / Mini coach as per group size
- Sightseeing with Tibetan guide as per itinerary
- Monastery entrance fees
- Tibet visa and travel permit
- Grassland fees for Kailash area
- Guest house accommodation with simple tibetan breakfast
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- All bar bill
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.