- Duration:20 days
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Max Elevation:5630 m.
- Max Group Size:4
- Best Time:May till October
This journey takes you through the hidden Humla valley in Nepal’s western most frontiers and to Tibet’s holy Mount Kailash and mythical Lake Manasarovar. To begin this trip we start by taking the flight to Simikot. From here our trek follows the ancient salt trading and pilgrimage route towards the Nara Langa pass and to the border trade post at Taklakot. We drive overland north past Gurla Mandata mountain to the shores of Lake Manasarovar and RakasTal Lake and on to Darchen situated at the foot of Mt. Kailash. This holy mountain is revered by Hindus, Buddhist, Jains and Bonpos as the center of the universe. Once there, we will make the ‘kora’ (holy-walk) trek of the mountain sharing the trail with other pilgrims that head for Kailash during the summer months. After completing this trek we will drive eastwards by jeeps along the mighty Yarlung Zangpo river and through the vastness of the Tibet Plateau. Enjoy fantastic mountain views of the Himalayas as we journey south towards the border town of Zangmu to re-enter Nepal at the Friendship Bridge. This exclusive journey is made for travelers in search of a cultural and spiritual odyssey amidst the splendor of the Himalayan mountain range.
Rigorous trekking, camping and overland driving through the remote and wild western Nepal and Tibet, from 2,745m (9,000ft) to 4,880m (16,000ft) and hiking to a maximum of 5600m (18,400ft). Fully supported trek with all camping equipment, English speaking guide. Overland travel in Tibet using Japanese 4-wheel drives jeeps backed by a truck carrying provisions and equipment. While trekking, clients carry a light day-pack only and walk at an easy pace, all equipment and luggage will be carried by porters/pack-animals.
- Day 01 Upon arrival transfer to hotel/welcome dinner/hotel
- Day 02 Day at leisure/hotel
- Day 03 Fly to Nepaljung/hotel
- Day 04 Fly to Simikot (2800m) and trek to Darapori/camp
- Day 05 Trek to Kermi (2690m)/camp
- Day 06 Trek to Yalbang (2890m)/camp
- Day 07 Yalbang / Tumkot (2850)/camp
- Day 08 Trek to Thadodunga (3900m)/camp
- Day 09 Trek to Sher and drive to Purang (3900m)
- Day 10 Drive to Manasarovar Lake (4600m)
- Day 11 leisure day at Manasorvar lake
- Day 12 Drive to Darchen/hotel
- Day 13 Drive to Darboche & Trek to Dira Puk (4775m)
- Day 14 Trek over Dolma La (5630m) to Zuthul Puk (4700m)
- Day 15 Trek & Drive to Hor Qu (4560m)
- Day 16 Drive to Saga (4640m)
- Day 17 Drive to Nyalam (3750m)
- Day 18 Drive to Kathmandu (1300m)/hotel
- Day 19 Day at Leisure/shopping day/evening farewell dinner/hotel
- Day 20 Drive to airport for return journey
- Note: Extension of this tour to visit the ruins of the Guge Kingdom at Tsaparang & Tholing or Sishapangma Base Camp or Rongphu Monastery & North Everest Base Camp and/or onward journey to Lhasa is possible. Customized itineraries for private groups are available. Please contact us for details.
- International airport pickup and drop service
- Hotel accommodation in Kathmandu and Nepalgunj in 3 star in double occupancy
- Welcome and farewell dinner
- Flight ticket; Kathmandu- Nepalgunj- Simikot
- Fully catered camping trek at Kailash supported by Nepalese Guide, Cook, Helpers crew
- Simikot Special trekking permit
- TRC permit
- Transportation by 4500 model Land-cruiser / Mini coach as per group size
- Sightseeing with Tibetan guide as per itinerary
- Monastery entrance fees
- Tibet visa and travel permit
- Grassland fees for Kailash tour
- Fully catered camping trek at Kailash supported by Nepalese (Guide, Cook, Helpers) crew & Tibetan guide
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Personal expenses
- Travel insurance
- Medical evacuation in case of emergency
- All bar bill
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.