- Duration:9 days
- Trip Grade:Tough
- Max Elevation:650 m.
- Max Group Size:4
- Best Time:March till May & October till November
Beautiful scenery, culture encounters, and exciting white water make the Sunkosi one of the ten Best River rafting and kayaking rivers in the world.
To run Sunkosi River just after monsoon must rate as one of life’s most exhilarating experiences. At this time of the year, the river is high and wild, and definitely not for the faint-hearted.
Nepal’s “River of Gold”, the Sun Kosi rises high near Mt. Shisha Pangma in Tibet, and runs eastwards in Nepal through the great Mahabharat Lekh mountains. It forms the watershed for most of eastern Nepal. Gathering strength from tributaries draining the highest mountains of the world, it emerges onto the northern plains of India where it joins the Ganges. Together they wind down to the bay of Bangal and into the Indian Ocean.
From the put-in at Dolalghat to the take-out at Chatara the expedition covers 270 km through some of Nepal’s most remote countryside. There are no roads, towns, or other trappings of civilization and we must rely totally on our own supplies and experience.
The rapids on the first few days are not difficult no needed experience and prepare us for the harder rapids below. Five rapids; Meat grinder, High Anxiety, Jaws, Hakapur II, Roller Coaster, and the Big Dipper are only some of the rapids that have earned their names and reputations from previous expeditions. Unlike most rivers in this region, there are rapids all the way down the Sun Kosi, and the last few days are some of the best. Long Nine days of constant rapids, time spent exploring villages, jungle, and some of the small Hindu temples along the way make this a classic river expedition.
Grade – Class : 5 V
- Day 01: We'll leave from Thamel (Kathmandu) for our put-in-point Dolalghat (650m); Pachuwarghat. Overnight Camp.
- Day 02: Rafting to Chainpur. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: 2-3 class
- Day 03: Rafting to Jhagare. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: Class 4 / Dead Man, Eddy, Rhino Rock
- Day 04: Rafting to Rai Ghat. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: Class 5 / Harkapur 1, Harkapu 2
- Day 05: Rafting to Rasuwaghat. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: Class 4/Dead Man, Eddy, Rhino Rock
- Day 06: Rafting to near to waterfall. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: Class 3-4/ Jungle Corridor and Roller Coaster.
- Day 07: Rafting to Tribeni. Overnight Camp
- Rapid: 3-4 class / Big Dipper
- Day 08: Rafting to Chatra (252m)/ 4 PM land transport (bus) to Kathmandu.
- Day 09: In the morning time arrival in Kathmandu
- Note: The raft can be operated with combine trip of Royal Chitwan National Park while you drive back to Kathmandu. Please let us know if you want to visit the park also
- Ground Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River Permit
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, life jackets, helmets, plastic paddles, wet suits (only during the winter) on certain rivers, dry bag for gear, camera barrels and all safety and medical equipment
- Safety Kayak
- Necessary Staffs (Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- First aid kid box
- Company T-Shirt
- Mineral water, cold drinks and alcoholic beverages during the whole trip
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- Emergency evacuation
- International airport pick up drop (if you order we can arrange)
- Things of personal use
- Member insurance
- Airfare (Kathmandu-Biratnagar-Kathmandu)
- Tips to Staffs
- Sleeping bag
- Swim wear for on the river
- Warm clothing for the evenings including a fleece or a pullover
- Sunscreen and lip protector
- Sunglasses (with retaining device) and/or a cap
- Towel and Toiletries (environmentally friendly is best)
- Personal medication
- Reading book
- Fishing hook (you can fishing in the Himalayan River)
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.