- Duration:14 Days
- Trip Grade:Strenuous
- Max Elevation:4200 m.
- Max Group Size:2
- Best Time:During Festival
Tiji Festival is a demon chasing festival on the western planet, the festival lasts for 3 days, and the festival is also known by the name Tiji. The event takes place in the largest village of upper Mustang known as Lomanthang which is the capital of Upper Mustang. The festival is usually celebrated around the 5th of May every year. However, since they are following the Lunar Tibetan calendar; so the festival date is not always the same. The 3 days Himalayan festival performs in the middle of the ancient and traditional Tibetan-style village of Lomanthang. In other words, it is completely a monk’s event where all the monks’ local monks participate by playing instruments and elaborate dressed mask dance. The 3 days monks’ dance is the highlight of the Tiji festival trek where the west meets with the east. The Tiji festival period is the busiest season of the year at Lomanthang. Apart from the 3 days, monks dance, the upper mustang is very popular for exploring the earliest cave likely Chhoser Cave, Nifu Cave Monastery, Luri Cave, Chhugsi cave, Konchok Ling, John Cave, and exploring Buddhism. We mostly see the Shagya pa sect schooling around the Upper Mustang and most need to visit the beautiful and important Ghar Gompa which is the first gompa made by Guru Rinpoche in his life. The trip can be done with a Jeep safari or with a horse ride; since there is a road trip is because for all the ages ( 8 years to 70 years ) people.
DATE OF TIJI FESTIVAL 2022: start from 27 May and end at 29 May
Tiji Festival, Kingdom of Lo Manthang, Buddhist culture & many monasteries, visit Luri Gompa , 4200m high passes, picturesque Tibetan village, Beautiful Tsarang village, dry and desert landscape, superb Mountain View, spectacular scenery, friendly people and many more ....
- 21 May Drive to Pokhara (900m) /Hotel (B)
- 22 May Fly to Jomsom (2710m) & Trek to Kagbeni (2800m) (B, L, D)
- 23 May Trek to Chele (3050m) (B, L, D)
- 24 May Trek to Geling (3570m) (B, L, D)
- 25 May Trek to Tsarang (3560m) via Ghar Gompa (4200m) (B, L, D)
- 26 May Trek to Lo Manthang (3820m) (B, L, D)
- 27 May Tiji Festival (B, L, D)
- 28 May Tiji Festival (B, L, D)
- 29 May Tiji Festival and explore around Lomanthang surrounding places (B, L, D)
- 30 May Walk Lo Manthang to Yara (3650m) (B, L, D)
- 31 May Today long day walk; Yara to Tsarang (3560m). Visit Luri Gompa (4000m) (B, L, D)
- 01 June drive by public jeep to Jomsom via Chele (2710m) (B, L, D)
- 02 June Buffer day
- 03 June Fly to Pokhara (B)
YOU MAY CAN BOOK EXTRA SERVICE WITH US IN REASONABLE PRICE ; BEFORE AND AFTER TREK:
- Day 00 Arrival and transfer to hotel/welcome dinner. (D)
- Day 00 Day for issue Special Mustang permit; hotel (B)
- Day 00 Drive or if fly to Kathmandu from Pokhara/Hotel (B)
- Day 00 Day at leisure/ Farewell dinner /Hotel (B, D)
- Day 00 Drive to Airport for Return flight (B)
Join Upcoming Trips
|Price||Start Date||End Date||Trip Status|
Nepal is a nation between India and Tibet known for its temples and Himalayan mountains, which include Mt. Everest. Kathmandu, the capital, has a mazelike old quarter filled with Hindu and Buddhist shrines.
From Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
I have been from Kathmandu to Pokhara alone, trekking team was very organized and professional! advice to anyone who wants to move to contact the agency, Hari and his brothers will realize your dreams! The landscape was simply extraordinary and people are very hospitable!!
We did the 12-day itinerary trekking to Everest Base Camp. We booked it all from England and communicated with the owner Hari via email. Such a nice family that owns and runs this business. Very friendly and welcoming. We had loads of cups of tea with them in their shop in Thamel before and after our trek.